Friday 6 April 2012

Tuesday London Trip

   A day filled with a trip to the British Museum and Brick Lane.  Tuesday was filled with light showers, a gorgeous curry, and great company.  I began the journey early and made my way to the former.  Numerous mummies, and classic architecture engulf the senses as I walked through the halls being bombarded by curiosities and of where I was.
   Below are some images taken from the museum and then later from around Brick Lane.  I give full credit to the artists.  I truly adore the work I have posted. A real idea of form, style and modern ideas.  J.B likes very much.




 Sekhmet



A great series of images here that I found on my wanderings through Brick Lane's busy streets.



 





^^ The little Ewok.  I particularly like the other image, the way the graffiti in the background blurs into the shading around the girls eyes pops very well for me.^^

  























I found the next images very interesting.  I have placed them in this order as it shows, and as I read, that the first two show the beginning of coffin burial.  It was only after these figures had been closed, did the Egyptians form their known idea for mummification which we know of today.  





   Here we see a well preserved mummy.  Below a different figure, which shows the intricate detail used in the embalming process.  The face is knowable, the hair still very noticeable, and a sense of peace easily displayed on the face.




1 comment:

  1. glad you're loving the best bits of london. don't miss out shoreditch

    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete